Ogham is an ancient Irish alphabet. It was a written language used for hundreds of years from the 4th Century AD. Found on trees and stones, people from all over Ireland would write messages and memorials for others to find and interpret.
This language is no longer used for communication because Gaelic took its place. However, Ogham has inspired so many craft makers in Ireland to create beautiful gifts for the home to celebrate one's Irish heritage.
This Ogham print is a personalized Irish gift. The print contains the four shields at each corner. These are the shields of the four provinces of Ireland; Ulster, Munster, Connaught and Leinster. Contained within the Celtic spiral borders are:
- At the top is your family name
- Your chosen family name in Ogham is written below the name
- At the bottom is your family name in Gaelic.
- We use thick parchment paper to print on
- The look and feel is of old world style to give it that antique historical look
- This comes in an A4 size in a protected envelope.
Choose your name in the box, add to cart and purchase and we will do the rest whilst you make the space on your wall!